Volunteers play a central role in ensuring the AFI Research Colkection remains accessible to users. Volunteering is a challenging and rewarding experience. You can meet people, share your knowledge & experience, learn new skills, take up new opportunities and have a great time.
The AFI Research Collection volunteer program offers opportunities to get involved in a range of film and library related projects and services. Volunteer positions are available in several different areas of the AFI Research Collection. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your customer service skills by assisting Library users in accessing the material they need
- Gain experience using DB/Textworks software and other databases
- Undertake research on the film and television industries
- Participate in special projects
- Work in Collection maintenance and development
The process of becoming a volunteer is easy. If you are over 16, keen, dependable and searching for an enjoyable and enriching opportunity to share your skills and knowledge then consider volunteering at the AFI Research Collection. We ask that new volunteers make a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week during the first six months. All volunteers dealing with the public are required to undergo a police records check.
For further details and enquiries please contact the Collection Librarian on firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by AFIRC librarian, April 14, 2014